Email Us
Catholic weddings
Anglican blessings
Other religions
Civil weddings
Exchange of vows
Renewal of vows

Civil weddings

Only catholic and civil weddings are accepted as valid under Spanish Law, and are recognized as such in the rest of Europe and USA.

The requirements for civil weddings vary by Town hall, some requiring one of the couple to be a resident. Please check with us directly if you are interested in a civil wedding and we can advise where it will be possible depending on your nationality and residency. In general the following documentation has to be provided:
  • Original birth certificate accompanied by a sworn translation
  • Passport or residency card
  • Certificate of No Impediment to marry
If either one of the couple is divorced, then the original marriage and divorce certificates must be presented accompanied by a sworn translation. If either one of the couple is widowed, then both the original marriage certificate and death certificate must be presented together with sworn translations.
web design london