Email Us
What are the legal requirements
for a civil wedding?
Will the wedding be recognized in my own
What is the booking process?
How much will it cost?
Do I have to book everything through
Weddings in Spain?
What about cancellations
and changes?
What other locations do you offer?
I'd like to discuss this more. Can I
speak to someone?
Which is the best month to get
married in Spain?
How will I pick flowers and other
details without being there?
Can I see the locations before making
my final decision?
I want my wedding to last more than
just a day
Some of the hotels are a little
expensive for my guests, do you organise any other type of accommodation?

What are the legal requirements for a civil wedding?

As stated in the section under Ceremonies, the paperwork required in Spain varies from town to town. In general you will be required to produce for both parties:
  • An original birth certificate accompanied by a sworn translation (i.e. translated by an official interpreter and stamped with the Hague Apostille)
  • Passport
  • A certificate of non-impediment to marry
If either of the couple is divorced, the original marriage and divorce certificates must be presented accompanied by sworn translations. If either on e of the couple is widowed, then both the original marriage and death certificates must be presented with their sworn translations.

In some cases it will be necessary for the couple to visit Spain prior to the wedding to prepare the necessary paperwork. This will depend on the location that the couple chooses to marry. Weddings in Spain will advise you prior to booking if this is the case.
web design london